2023.01.30The Merger Between Taipei Fubon Bank and Jih Sun Bank has been Approved by the FSC, Which is Expected to Formally Merge on April 1, 2023.
2023.01.17Taiwanese Entrepreneur Participated in the Official Website of the "World Economic Forum" to Promote ESG for the First Time!
2022.12.12Fubon Financial Holdings have been chosen as a composition of “DJSI World for the 6th consecutive year and a composition of ”DJSI - Emerging Markets for 7th consecutive year.
- Green Bonds Investment
- Green Financing
- Underwrite over 80% of agricultural and aquaculture insurance in Taiwan
- Taiwan’s first agricultural insurance policy was launched in 2015. Current insurance covers pear, rice, banana, grouper, milkfish, perch, and snapper in farming and aquaculture insurance.
- Launched the first flood & typhoon insurance in agricultural facility in 2018
- The goal of insurance related to green energy, natural disasters and sustainability aims to reach NT$7 billion in 2025.
the largest green energy insurer in Taiwan
- Supporter to the green energy industry
- Leads all Taiwan-invested banks in outstanding loans for offshore wind projects, has market share of 21% in 2021.
- Participation in green energy industry:
- Low-carbon investment and green loans combine to avoid 1.55 million metric tons CO2e in 2021.
- In 2021, Taipei Fubon Bank arranged the five-year NT$1.6bn Yuen Foong Yu Paper project, which was the first domestic green syndication project planned according to the APLMA Green Loan Principles 2021 and certified by a third-party professional institution, setting a new benchmark for the domestic financial industry.
- Taipei Fubon Bank collaborated with AUO Corporation for the first sustainable supply chain finance in Taiwan.
- Taipei Fubon Bank signed with CPC the first sustainability linked loan to stateowned enterprise.
2013Support the carbon disclosure project (CDP) and completed the CDP questionnaire
2014Started complying with UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment in 2014
2016The first financial institution to commit to science-based targets (SBT) in carbon reduction in 2016
2018Adopted the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) climate risk management framework at the end of 2018
2019Officially became a TCFD Supporter in September 2019
2020Fubon Insurance adopted principles for sustainable insurance and published a PSI Report.
2021Fubon will disclose ESG information related to investors in “Fubon Financial Holdings 2020 CSR Report” in accordance with the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (SASB) standards for the insurance industry.
2022Fubon Financial has won “Double A” honor of CDP climate change, supplier engagement rating for two consecutive years
Fubon signed World Economic Forum "Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics" Commitment.
Fubon Financial officially joins RE100 and commits to sourcing 100% renewable electricity across its global operations by 2040.