Fubon.com (hereinafter “the Websites”) is a common internet platform of Fubon Financial Holding Company, and its subsidiaries, including Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank Co., Ltd. , Fubon Insurance Co., Ltd. , Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd., Fubon Securities Co., Ltd. , Fubon Asset Management Co., Ltd. , Fubon Securities Investment Services Co., Ltd., Fubon Direct Marketing Co., Ltd. , Fubon Personal Insurance Agency , Fubon Property Insurance Agency , Fubon Futures Co., Ltd . and the Company’s new domestic subsidiaries which are announced in the Websites in the future. (hereinafter “the Fubon Group”).
Collection of Personal Information
To provide customers with multifaceted services, the Fubon Group will collect your personal information according to applicable laws through the customer service center, e-news center, product enquiry, web activity, other on-line survey or on-line service applications, and mailbox of the Fubon Group. To protect your interests, please carefully read the following statements before entering your personal information. By completing and submitting your personal information, you will be deemed to have fully understood and agreed upon the following statement. According to Article 8 of the Personal Information Protection Act, please be informed as follows:
Purpose of Collection
Marketing (or cross-selling); Collection, processing, and use by the financial service providers as required by the laws and for the purpose of financial governance; financial dispute resolution; consumer services; advertisement or business behavior management; survey, statistics, and research analysis; other financial management; other operations within the scope of the collector’s business registration or specified in the collector’s articles of incorporation; other consulting and advisory services.
Classification of the Personal Information
Including but not limited to name, ID No., date of birth, address, contact information, marital status, family, education, occupation, financial conditions, digital data, and other information which may be used to identify a natural person, both directly and indirectly. (Please refer to the page enquiring for such information or the notice page.)
Time Period of Use
From the date the personal information is collected via customer service center, e-news center, product enquiry, web activity, other on-line survey or on-line service applications, and mailbox of the Fubon Group to the expiration of the specified purposes, or to the data retention expiration date pursuant to relevant laws, contractual requirement, or otherwise necessary for performance of duties (whichever period is the longest)
Area, Target and Way of Use
- The personal information you have entered and saved will be used in Taiwan (including Taiwan, Kinmen, Penghu and Matsu) and the domestic or overseas locations of users of the information listed above. The information will be collected, processed, transmitted internationally and used in accordance with personal information protection laws and regulations.
- Personal information collected by the Fubon Group will be processed and used by automated machines or non-automated methods in compliance with relevant personal information protection laws, and within the specified purpose of collection. Personal information may be reasonably used, within the specified and necessary purpose by the Fubon Group, and its subcontractors and third-party vendors, and partners; the use should be subject to adequate security measures according to the laws.
Personal Information Rights of Members or Customers
You are entitled to exercise the following rights with respect to your personal information by submitting your request to the Service Center of the Fubon Group :
- any inquiry or request for review of the personal information
- any request to make duplications of the personal information
- any request to supplement or correct the personal information
- any request to discontinue collection, processing, or use of the personal information
- any request to delete the personal information
The exercise of the above rights might be subject to necessary fees chargeable by the Fubon Group according to the laws. Your request may not be accepted if you fail to comply with the application process or legal requirements, or if the Fubon Group is under the statutory obligation to retain, or as otherwise provided by the laws. You may provide relevant personal information at your own discretion. However, if you refuse to provide your personal information and classification for the approval review or any process, the Fubon Group might be unable to continue the process or to provide relevant services to or improve existing services for you.
This Personal Information Protection Statement is effective as of October 1, 2012. In order to protect the your rights of personal information, the Website may revise this statement at any time due to the changes in the society or the laws, as well as the development of technology, and will announce such revision to the customers, and update webpage as soon as possible.
※In the event of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.